Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Routine

"We get credit for trying even if we don't always succeed."
Jeffery R Holland

Before I begin this post I suppose I should hold true to my word and share an update on my August goals. I truly believe with the stress of moving out in less than 2 days (as of this posting date) that I genuinely forgot I even had goals for this month. I guess maybe in the back of my mind they were still there, but it is safe to say that I have made minimal progress towards my goals. Good news is the month is only 1/2 over and I think that when I get all moved into my dorm it will be easier to stick to my guns.... I mean goals.


Now, I wanted to talk about something that I love so much. Routine. I am always, always, trying to create routines for myself; workout routines, stretching routines, night routines, and so on. As much as I love to create routines, I am terrible at following them. I supposed it is quite obvious that sticking to plans that I make is one of my many, many, weaknesses. 

I honestly think that routines are so important. When I am following a routine, it gives my day to day life direction. When I wake up I don't need to question what I should do first, (breakfast or shower??), I already know, because I do the same thing every day. I don't even have to think about it anymore, it is just muscle and mind memory to follow the routine that I created.

I didn't even set a morning routine on purpose. I just knew what I wanted and what I needed to get done every morning and then I started doing them in an order that let me accomplish all of them. 

Although, I am probably among a small amount of people who just love routine and organization and hate ice cream.... It's just something that I love. I honestly can't explain the feeling of satisfaction that I get from sticking to a routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment