Saturday, August 18, 2018

Priorities

"It is up to us to set the priorities and to do the things that make our soil 
good and our harvest plentiful."
Dallin H. Oaks

So, it is official, I am a college student. Classes have not started yet but I am all moved in and I feel very adult. I decided, just this morning, before I do start my classes this week, I want to get my priorities straight. That way, when push comes to shove, I know what is important to me and what I can do without. To set my priorities in stone, I am going to post them here.


1. Church. My first priority for this college year is the Gospel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Pretty much this means that going to church every Sunday, reading my scriptures each morning, saying my prayer, keeping my standards, all of that is going to come above everything else. It also means that serving a mission when I turn 19 is going to come above my fear of losing all of my financial aid. 

2. My degree. I put my degree next because that is why I am here at college and if I don't focus on my degree than this would be a big waste of money. 

3. Self Care. It is hard to put things in a definitive order because self care is just as important as both of my previous priorities and just because it is 3rd does not mean I am going to neglect my self. What I feel like I really mean by this is like indulging my self, like going to get dessert because I am hungry is not as important as studying. But at the same time, college is going to be hard and if I need some dessert every once in a while, then so be it.

4. Work. I have been working all summer to save up money, however it definitely isn't enough to cover my cost of tuition, so I am going to have 2 shifts every week. I also am going to try to find a campus job because they pay more and I believe it would be easier to work around my schedule. 

5. Working Out. I really want to get back into like running and working out and stuff but obviously it is not as important as other things. So it is on my list of stuff to do but it is low on importance rank.

6.  Recreation. The last priority is recreation. I want my college experience to be good, full of fun memories, however I also want to leave with a degree, that is why recreation is so low.


No comments:

Post a Comment