Saturday, July 7, 2018

Goals

"We must have the courage to be imperfect while striving for perfection."
-Sister Holland
Do you ever get a surge of energy to like totally flip your life around and start doing everything you've ever wanted to do... well, this is one of those. To be fair I get them all the time, but even if this is like a temporary prompting, I figure there is no harm acting on it. For this specific surge of life changing energy I have created 5 goals for myself to do everyday for a whole month. I figured not only would blogging about it hold me accountable, but it is also one of my 5 goals. I actually started yesterday (7/6), considering I did not blog anything yesterday I guess I got off to a bad start, but today's a new day, even if I am posting at like 11:00 at night.

My 5 Goals

1. Workout Everyday: This is probably the one I struggle with the most. Just because the best time of the day for me to workout is in the morning, before work and when it is cool outside, however when my alarm goes off, I can't seem to find the motivation to get out of bed. Yesterday, I simply counted my workout as 25 crunches and 5 push-ups. So, you can tell I have room to improve.

2. Consistent Hygiene: This my sound weird, like I don't shower or something but, what I mean by this is I have a goal to establish a consistent routine. I am absolutely terrible at washing my face every morning and night and, depending on my hair style I can go up to 3 days without a hair wash, so really this goal is about routine.

3. Blog/ Write: Writing is something that I really enjoy doing but, some days I just don't have the motivation, like I can't come up with anything to write about. I think the more I write, the better it will get.

4. Read: I usually spend a lot of time on my phone, probably doing things that aren't even that important and although I love to read, I usually do it right before bed and some nights it is really too late and it just never happens.

5. Play Piano: This is another thing that I really enjoy doing. Playing the piano is much more fun when you know the notes and you can just play based off muscle memory. Getting through the beginning of a song, when you are just trying to sight read it, is frustrating and so I practice rarely and then it takes me a very long time to learn a song.

So these are my 5 goals for the month of July, as blogging is one of my aforementioned goals, I will keep updating you on my progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment